With the arrival of winter, kids are grumpy, complaining and do not have any appetite at all. Is your kid too refusing food?
Don’t worry, try this Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe for babies & toddlers as well. It is perfect for this winter with full of nutrition packed veggies and tastes delicious as well. If served little warm, kids are sure to love it 🙂
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 7-8 French beans finely chopped
- 2-3 florets of broccoli finely chopped
- 3-4 button mushrooms finely chopped (can be avoided for babies)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp butter
- Black pepper powder/ Jeera Powder
- 1 tbsp milk (can be added for babies older than 1 year)
- 1/2 glass water
- Veggies of your choice can be added.
1. In a pan heat some butter and a drop of oil.
2. Add onions and saute till they become light pink in colour.
3. Add grated ginger and cook till the raw smell leaves.
4.Add all the chopped vegetables and stir fry for two minutes.
5.Add water and let it boil.
6.Add salt and black pepper powder.
7.Let the water simmer on low flame till all the veges are tender.
8.In the end, add milk and allow it to boil a little.
9.The soup is ready.
10.Serve in a soup bowl and garnish with a sprig of coriander.
For babies, when you introduce soup, sieve off the top water and feed a couple of times. Then the whole soup can be blended in a mixie or blender and can be given.
This whole month we will be posting healthy recipes for babies and toddlers ideal for this winter, do follow us in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ for regular updates.
To download free recipe book of my version of soups for babies, click Here.
Recipe by Kanika Aggarwal Garg
Kanika has a masters in computer science and now a stay at home mom to 15 month cute little boy Onish
She loves to cook and tries new and yummy recipes to make her fussy toddler to eat.