- Reduce as much as possible the consumption of alcohol, refreshers with sweeteners, sugar, salt, coffee and tee.
- Drink everyday plenty of water and in 2-3 glasses add a few drops of lemon. One glass of water containing 2-3 drops of lemon should be consumed in the morning, one hour before the first meal. It helps the body to detoxify, cleans the peptic system and breaks down fats.
- Follow a programm of healthy, balanced nutrition rich in vegetables and citrus fruit. Try to divide the total food amount of a day in 5-6 small portions.
- Adopt any form of exercise that you can easily embody in your weekly schedule. It doesn’t have to be exhausting and do not set excessive goals. Even half an hour of fast paced walking 3-4 times a week will firm your muscles and activate your metabolism.
- Obtain a bath sponge and whenever you take a shower improve the blood circulation in the problematic areas by scrubing them performing circular movements of moderate pressure with direction towards the heart. Insist on every area for about 5 minutes. You can enforce the sponge action by using special aromatherapy soaps, scrubs and shower gels. Many essential oils, such as cypress, grapefruit, juniper, black pepper, have detoxifying, decongestive and firming action.
- After the shower apply at the areas of cellulite deposits a special aromatherapy lotion or oil. Use smooth massage movements until the products are fully absorbed by the skin.
- For a more effective treatment of intense cellulite have once or twice a week a deep aromatherapy massage. With the proper essential oils you will improve lymph circulation and skin appearance, increase cell oxygenating, accelarate the break down of ugly lumps and lift your mood.
Use a special natural bristle brush or sponge to massage problematic areas everyday. It is perfect for dry skin brushing or you can use it in the bath or shower in combination with detoxifying seaweed or coffee soaps .
Help you body to get rid of toxins, enhance blood circulation and tone your skin by gently massaging it once a day with the following essential oil blend:
50ml almond oil,
3 drops essential oil black pepper,
3 drops essential oil sandalwood,
3 drops essential oil cypress,
6 drops essential oil juniper,
3 drops essential oil grapefruit,
6 drops essential oil geranium,
3 drops essential oil frankincense.
Bibliography regarding cellulite, its causes and ways of combating it, is very rich. In the e-shop of AromaTherapy Cosmos I have gathered for you some of the best books about cellulite with effective advise for getting it off your body and mind!